Spiritual abuse is rampant among churches. It has become so normal that we have been groomed under the guise of “submission to authority.” But it is actually control, manipulation, and bullying. If you've ever been in this kind of situation you most likely felt crazy or powerless. Sometimes the relationship generates fear and an inability to get away without dire consequences.
In this podcast, I will highlight 25 signs of spiritual abuse so you can identify these unhealthy relationships. I pray it encourages you to break free of them and live a life full of freedom from spiritual abuse! I also hope it helps those of you that have been through it and give you the affirmation that you are not alone. And after this list, I will share some brief tips on how to get through it all in a way that honors God, yourself and others.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN
- How to recognize the signs of spiritual abuse
- What manipulation has to do with spiritual abuse
- Why you need to come up with a strategy before confronting someone about the abuse
- What kind of guidance you should get if you are going through spiritual abuse
- The 5 things you need to do if you are walking away from a spiritually abusive relationship
- How to walk away with love, honor and move on in a way that ends well
- My blog post of this podcast of #MeToo
- My blog post to the bystanders
- My blog post about 25 Signs of Spiritual Abuse
Find Jill on social media:
- Website: www.jillmonaco.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/jillmonacoministries
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/jillmonaco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jillmonaco
One last thing… Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you'll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax deductible. Thanks so much!
Loving this content?
Sign up formore!
I'll send you the monthly Freedom Devotional and Ministry Newsletter, PLUS new blog posts, podcasts, and special bonuses just for the inner circle.