Every ministry, blogger, coach, and speaker needs great resources to build their business. Here are some that I use and recommend. Hopefully, they’ll help you as much as they’ve helped me. I'll keep adding to this list as I find new things I love!
Note: Some of the paid resources may be affiliate products or services, meaning if you buy them, the ministry may get a commission at no extra cost to you. This helps support the ministry so we can serve more people. Please know that I have personal experience with all of the following resources, which is why I recommend them.
Web Hosting and Design
- Funnel Gorgeous – This is my main course content, membership, and funnel builder. It replaces things like Clickfunnels, Kajabi, Mail Chimp, Calendly, and more. You can have unlimited pages, funnels, memberships, and products! The introductory rate is a game changer!
- Siteground – After using other popular web hosting platforms that often shut down my busy website, I found Siteground! They have excellent customer service and my site has run perfectly ever since. I won't recommend anything else.
- Divi Theme – The WordPress theme I use. It's a super easy drag and drop that helps you design your pages easily. It also comes with sign up forms that you can use as pop ups, in a page or below blog posts. I've designed my whole website without hiring a designer because Divi is so good!
- WordPress – This is the free blogging software that I use and recommend. (Be sure to get .org and not .com because it allows you to have plug in's on your site.)
- Canva – I make everything on this software. It's all online so I don't need to save huge image files to my computer. The pro version lets you auto size one design to others. It has templates, photos, fonts and so much more. I have created my e-books, blog posts images, and all the design for my courses and website with this program.
- Unsplash – There are a few places to find free quality images. I find most of mine on Unsplash.
- Don't Hit Publish – This free tool created by Jeff Goins and Growth Tools will help you write better emails and blog posts.
- Pin It – This is the free widget for WordPress I use for you to be able to pin images from the blog onto Pinterest.
- Active Campaign – I used another popular service in the past and switched to AC in 2019. I am in love with it! Their customer service is the best and offer a few private calls to help you get set up. They will also convert your list from your old manager to them. I love how I can see a flow of emails and map out what they get based on their interests.
- Convert Kit – Many of my clients use this service which is very similar to Active Campaign. It's a popular among bloggers and influencers. They offer slightly different packages than AC but still a worthy resource.
- Quickbooks – I use this for our nonprofit. It's not compatible with a Mac so I got a program called Parallels to work on my Mac and operate like a PC to run the program.
- AppSumo – Awesome products for entrepreneurs at huge discounts! I've gotten so many tools from them. The discounts are really good …somethings are normally a monthly service fee but you get it for life for usually under $50.
Online Payment Portals and Shopping Carts
- PayPal – People are comfortable with PayPal and they also take credit cards. I have this as one option to donate or create invoices for coaching clients. They offer a lower transaction rate for nonprofits.
- Donorbox – Get donations by embedding the optimized form on your website. I use it on the sidebar of my blog.
- Tithe.ly – We use this service on our donate page as a way to offer donors a different option than PayPal. It opens up as a pop up form. They can cover fees, pay from a credit card or make recurring payments.
- WooCommerce – The free e-commerce platform I use to operate the shop/store page on my site. It's a plug in on my WordPress site.
Video and Audio Tools
- Riverside.fm – I use this to record my podcasts. You get mp3, .wav, and video files. Better quality and reliability than Zoom, Skype, or Zencastr.
- Wavve – This program makes it easy to turn audio clips into custom-designed social videos for your social media. I use it on my Instagram to promote my newest podcast. They have a free and paid plan.
- Zoom – This online video conferencing platform allows me to host 1:1 or group coaching calls. I can record, do breakout rooms or show my screen.
- Libsyn – Hosting your podcast has never been easier! They are one of the most reliable platforms for podcasting. Upload, grab your link, enter it in WordPress and it connects to all the places people listen to podcasts.
Social Media Scheduling
- SocialBee.io – This program allows you to schedule everything in one place. You can even set up RSS feeds to automatically publish to your social media. I use this to push out my Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Grum – I use this to schedule my Instagram posts. I can see all the images at a glance to make sure it will look good on the profile.