Learning to say “yes” to God is a muscle we can grow … especially in uncertain times. How much free will does God give us? Can we miss His plan if we choose to go a different route? Does God use our ideas and let us add on to His? Learn how the improv tool ‘yes-and' can be used as you grow in faith and open doors of opportunity!
I'm excited to introduce to you my guest, Andrea Coli. She has a Masters Degree from Fuller Theological Seminary. She is also is a pastor, speaker author and …wait for it … comedian. She has been described as having the ability to transform a room into a fun atmosphere while enriching it with the Truth of God’s word. She uses her background in improv comedy and her biblical knowledge to inspire others to discover God’s unique call for their lives. Andrea is enthusiastic, inspirational and relatable. Whether you are laughing, crying or a bit of both, her sense of humor will capture your attention and then lead you on a journey to the heart of the message.
We had an awesome chat about how she is using improv as a way to say ‘Yes AND…”. She uses improv as a way to express the idea that God wants us to remain open and flexible to His plans. Knowing that you AND God can write your story – together. It creates a life of freedom as you explore all the possibilities God has for you.
Andrea has tested and lived this out … in 2003, she moved to Las Vegas and had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join the cast of The Second City’s “Scriptless” an all-improved show on the Vegas Strip.
Now she ministers at CrossWinds Church in the San Francisco Bay Area as a Teaching Pastor and as part of the Creative Arts Team. She partners with her husband Chris, who is the Senior Pastor.
What We Talk About In This Episode
- How to get through the season where you feel like you're not seeing all of God's promises in your life or have been waiting (faithfully) for a long time
- Andrea's advice on how to get to where you want to be
- How Andrea got into comedy improv
- I share some of my professional acting bloopers
- What tools she learned in improv help you say yes to God
- Implementing the collaborative tool of “yes, and … ” to ministry, relationships, business, coaching, and life
- How God added an “and” to my yes by letting me do a workshop with Ruth Graham (Billy Graham's daughter)
Resources From Today's Podcast Episode
- Andrea's Website
- Andrea's Facebook
- Andrea's Instagram
- Andrea's book Scriptless
- Andrea's hilarious video “Inside the Mind of a Leader”
Connect With Me …
Other Stuff To Check Out
- Join my mentoring program Authentically You
- Grab my latest book Freedom Coach Model
- Schedule a complimentary call with Jill to discuss coaching.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
One last thing… Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations about how to love well, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you'll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax-deductible. Thanks so much!
How to Listen to the Podcast
If you’re new to my podcast, welcome! You can listen on the go or as your putzing around the house. Here are a few ways to not miss an episode.
1. Listen to this podcast on my website. Click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Spotify! You can subscribe so you don't miss an episode. Plus, if you leave a few stars, a rating or review, it helps us organically reach others who are looking for encouragement too.
3. Share today’s podcast! Who do you know that needs to hear this message? You can grab the link and send it to a friend or share it on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
Thanks for joining me today! Remember, love well, you were made for it!
Share The Podcast
Loving this content?
Sign up for updates!
I'll send you new blog posts, podcasts and my quarterly newsletter with things not posted anywhere else!