Do our dreams really require endless hours of hustle in order to get them? Or do we pray and leave it up to God to open doors? Even if it’s a little of both – pray and work toward our dreams, how do we partner with God and not go off on our own? How can you discern the difference between godly obedience and selfish ambition?
If you have a dream then I bet you get what I’m talking about …you want to have the courage to surrender to His plan and His timing—to choose obedience over hustle.
I’m so glad there are people like Malinda Fuller who can help us navigate these kinds of questions.
She challenges us to join the counter-cultural movement of choosing surrender over striving. Throughout scripture, we encounter individuals who had to face the hard reality that their dreams and timelines weren't God's best plan. By exploring these biblical narratives alongside her own personal stories of radical obedience, author Malinda Fuller encourages readers to respond to the questions God asks each of us: “Will you trust Me? . . . Will you do what I'm asking you to do?”
In today’s podcast we will talk to Malinda about how she learned obedience over hustle and how we can too.
Malinda is a bold communicator who is passionate about thriving families and helping people grow as disciples of Jesus. Her first traditionally published book, Obedience Over Hustle: The Surrender of the Striving Heart, released in September 2019.
What We Talk About In This Episode
- The question God asked her that put things in perspective about His provision
- How she gave up income in order to obey God
- Learning how to hear what God is asking us to do … and what He's not asking us to do
- How to wait on the timing of seeing our dreams fulfilled according to God's timeline
- Examples of people in the Bible who obeyed God even though they didn't understand
- Why God only tells us a little bit and asks us to walk in faith
- What conviction and peace have to do with obedience
- How she wrote her book without a big platform or influencer reach
Resources From Today's Podcast Episode
Connect With Me …
Other Stuff To Check Out
- Join a free Hearing God's Voice 5-Day Challenge (starts April 6, 2020)
- Grab my latest book Freedom Coach Model
- Schedule a complimentary call with Jill to discuss coaching.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
One last thing… Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations about how to love well, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you'll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax-deductible. Thanks so much!YES! I WANT TO SUPPORT THIS PODCAST!
How to Listen to the Podcast
If you’re new to my podcast, welcome! You can listen on the go or as your putzing around the house. Here are a few ways to not miss an episode.
1. Listen to this podcast on my website. Click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Spotify! You can subscribe so you don't miss an episode. Plus, if you leave a few stars, a rating or review, it helps us organically reach others who are looking for encouragement too.
3. Share today’s podcast! Who do you know that needs to hear this message? You can grab the link and send it to a friend or share it on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
Thanks for joining me today! Remember, love well, you were made for it!
Share The Podcast
Loving this content?
Sign up for updates!
I'll send you new blog posts, podcasts and my quarterly newsletter with things not posted anywhere else!