Today we are talking to Anna LeBaron. She is the author of The Polygamist’s Daughter: A memoir of her life as a daughter of a cult leader who was wanted by the FBI for murder. One of more than fifty children of infamous polygamist cult leader, Ervil LeBaron, Anna LeBaron endured abandonment, horrific living conditions, child labor, and sexual grooming. Her story is a shocking and powerful account of a young woman who was traumatized by multiple murders in her family, separated from her mother while being groomed to be the wife of a man in Mexico. At age thirteen, she escaped the violent cult, gave her life to Christ, and sought healing.
She uses her experiences of escaping the cult and her own journey of spiritual healing and freedom as evidence that every story can be redeemed for good, no matter how dark parts of it may be. We talk about some of the details of her story and Anna encourages the listeners to pursue freedom.
If you struggle with pain from your past or don't know how to heal from the terrible things that have happened to you, then Anna will encourage the heck out of you. If God can do it for her, He wants to do it for you too. If you just want to be encouraged in your faith and amazed by the goodness of God, you'll love this conversation.
LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE VIA ITUNESLISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE VIA GOOGLE PLAY
IN THIS EPISODE YOU'LL LEARN
- How being raised in a cult affected how she parented her own kids.
- What fear has to do with control.
- What does freedom in Christ really mean? 12:28
- What it was like being raised in a cult. 13:38
- How her relationship with her earthly father effected how she related to God.
- How God works more in our surrender than our striving. 37:00
- What advice Anna has for someone writing a memoir. 40:00
- What is challenging Anna right now. 43:55
Find Jill on social media:
- Website: www.jillmonaco.com
- Facebook : www.facebook.com/jillmonacoministries
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/jillmonaco
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/jillmonaco
One last thing …. Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you'll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax deductible! Thanks so much!
YES, I WANT TO SUPPORT THIS PODCAST!
Loving this content?
Sign up for updates!
I'll send you new blog posts, podcasts and my quarterly newsletter with things not posted anywhere else!