Are you one of the singles who need to feel understood? How do you process the hardships in your life alone? Do you wonder why there are so many singles who are looking for community but not a lot of places to find it? My podcast guest today with Kate Hurley will make you laugh at the silly things singles hear and be touched by her struggles with depression and chronic sickness.
Kate Hurley was a touring musician for 14 years, playing everywhere from castles in Germany to villages in India to 15,000 people hippie gatherings. She has made 5 solo albums, including an upcoming live worship album. Her voice ushers you into the presence of God. I have her album on repeat. She had a popular blog on singleness for many years, and wrote a book called “Getting Naked Later: Making Sense of the Unexpected Single Life.” (formerly Cupid is a Procrastinator.) Both titles just crack me up. And it reflects the witty person Kate is too.
Today we talk about singleness but if you’re married don’t tune out because Kate is now dating and has more to say about being in a relationship. This is a perfect podcast to share with a single friend who needs to know they are not alone in their struggles with being single. Kate shares her struggles with being single with chronic illness, her fight against depression, and how she's encountered the love of God in amazing ways. She will share some biblical insight from her book Getting Naked Later, why she wrote this for singles, and what God has taught her about not being able to have children of her own.
What We Talk About In This Episode
- How do you long and let go at the same time?
- Being real about pain, disappointments, and struggles
- Her struggles with depression and suicidal thoughts
- How God takes hardship and makes it beautiful
- Struggling with chronic sickness while single
- What married people wish singles knew
- What she's learning from her current relationship
- The journey of wanting children and why she calls it the tragedy of her life
- Why it's okay to grieve the loss of things and what we can expect from God in that place
- The difference between closing a chapter and turning a page
- Some details about what is in her book, Getting Naked Later
Resources From Today's Podcast Episode
Connect With Jill …
Other Stuff To Check Out
- Grab my latest book Freedom Coach Model
- Schedule a complimentary call with Jill to discuss coaching.
- Want to subscribe to the blog and grab a freebie? CLICK HERE
One last thing… Producing this show does take resources. So if you would like to hear more conversations about how to love well, please consider supporting this program of the ministry. Just click the button below and you'll be led to a donate page. All gifts are tax-deductible. Thanks so much!YES! I WANT TO SUPPORT THIS PODCAST!
How to Listen to the Podcast
If you’re new to my podcast, welcome! You can listen on the go or at your home. Here are a few ways to not miss an episode.
1. Listen to this podcast on my website. Click the play button at the beginning of this post.
2. Listen on iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or Spotify! You can subscribe so you don't miss an episode. Plus, if you leave a few stars, a rating or review, it helps us organically reach others who are looking for encouragement too.
3. Share today’s podcast! Who do you know that needs to hear this message? You can grab the link and send it to a friend or share it on social media. Just click on the sharing buttons at the bottom of this post!
Thanks for joining me today! Remember, love well, you were made for it!
Share The Podcast
Loving this content?
Sign up for updates!
I'll send you new blog posts, podcasts and my quarterly newsletter with things not posted anywhere else!